So, I’m about 3/4 of my way through this lovely little beanie design from the Patons Retro Babes book. It’s for my sweet niece, Alana. I’m just about to start the contrast-coloured brim, so I thought I should check it’s length on her first. It’s a wee bit big — I made the six-month size, for a head circumference of 45cm, she’s about 42cm. But I would much rather it be too big than too small.
The stalk at the beginning was a real challenge. I don’t fancy doing it again to be honest, because I think I fluked it. It’s so hard to see where your next stitch is — I gave up trying and just went with it, and when it was time to start increasing, discovered I had the right number of stitches… phew. Despite my failings in the tension square, I think it’s coming along nicely.